Terms and Conditions
Please call or . We are often contacted during the times we are with clients so calls are returned between sessions or at the end of the business day M-F after 7pm. When you call please leave us the best numbers to reach you during these times and a couple of days or times that you would like to schedule your appointment.
Method of Payment
We accept cash, check, Master card, Visa or pre-purchased gift certificates. A major credit card must be provided at the time of reservation to guarantee your appointment. Your card will be charged prior to your appointment.
Day of Appointment & Forms
Clients are encouraged to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment, to relax and allow yourself time to enjoy your surroundings. Late arrival may necessitate the shortening of your session. View map and directions to our office at The Landing.
Clients are asked to complete a Client Intake Form prior to receiving service. For those referred by a physician or using their Health Savings Account we also require a Physician Referral Form at time of service.
Cancellation & Refunds
Clients must provide 24-hour notice to avoid being charged for the full amount of their missed appointment. A failure to be present for your scheduled appointment without advance notice will result in a “No Show” charge to your credit card. If you made an appointment with a gift certificate and fail to show for your scheduled session, the certificate will be forfeited.
All clients can expect information obtained in the course of our therapeutic relationship to be kept confidential under HIPPA rules, except with a written consent signed by the client to release information, or if the client discloses information that he/she may be considering harm to themselves or to others.
Code of Ethics
Members of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) and American Council of Exercise (ACE) follow the following Code of Ethics:
Principles of Ethics. The Principles of Ethics form the first part of the Code of Ethics. They are aspirational and inspirational model standards of exemplary professional conduct for all members of the association. These Principles should not be regarded as limitations or restrictions, but as goals for which members should constantly strive.
Massage therapists/practitioners shall:
- Demonstrate commitment to provide the highest quality massage therapy/bodywork to those who seek their professional service.
- Acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients and/or colleagues.
- Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness by continued education and training.
- Acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respect each client’s right to privacy within the constraints of the law.
- Project a professional image and uphold the highest standards of professionalism.
- Accept responsibility to do no harm to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of self, clients, and associates.
Rules of Ethics. The Rules of Ethics are mandatory and direct specific standards of minimally-acceptable professional conduct for all members of the association. The Rules of Ethics are enforceable for all association members, and any members who violate this Code shall be subject to disciplinary action.
Massage therapists/practitioners shall:
- Conduct all business and professional activities within their scope of practice and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving their clients in the course of a massage therapy session.
- Be truthful in advertising and marketing, and refrain from misrepresenting his or her services, charges for services, credentials, training, experience, ability or results.
- Refrain from using AMTA membership, including the AMTA name, logo or other intellectual property, or the member’s position, in any way that is unauthorized, improper or misleading.
- Refrain from engaging in any activity which would violate confidentiality commitments and/or proprietary rights of AMTA or any other person or organization.